Banking, Bankruptcy, and Creditors’ Rights
Underwood’s Banking, Bankruptcy, and Creditors’ Rights attorneys have in excess of 100 years collective experience in representing banks, thrifts, and other financial institutions and enjoy a solid reputation for high quality work and professional conduct.
Since its inception, Underwood has been the go-to law firm for regional financial institutions, farm credit lenders and other businesses. Underwood attorneys have helped clients in a wide variety of transactions, as well as in litigation in state and federal court. The Practice Group brings a multi-disciplinary approach to both transactional and enforcement needs of banks, farm credit lenders, and other financial institutions who demand prompt, cost effective service.
In addition, members of this group regularly appear in bankruptcy proceedings throughout Texas and in surrounding states in cases ranging from simple consumer matters to complex commercial and agricultural reorganization proceedings.
The Practice Group experience includes:
- Commercial and consumer debt collection
- Lien and security interest enforcement including real estate property foreclosures and sequestrations
- Defense of lenders in claim actions, garnishments and information requests
- State court receiverships and extraordinary remedies
- Equipment leasing and related litigation
- Loan documentation for complex real estate, agricultural, and operating loans, including asset based lending
- Specialized agricultural financing for farmers, ranchers, dairy operators, feed yards, wind leases, and integrated agricultural operations, including both conventional source financing and Farm Credit System lending
- Negotiation and documentation of oil and gas financing packages
- Wind energy financing and related development loans
- Creditor representation in both consumer and commercial bankruptcy cases
- Bankruptcy claim preparation, processing and claim actions
- Litigation of bankruptcy discharge and dischargeability proceedings
- Representation of estate professionals
- Documentation of complex workout and debt restructuring scenarios
- Debtor in Possession counsel for publicly traded Chapter 11 debtor
- Bankruptcy trustee litigation, including defense of preferential transfer and fraudulent transfer proceedings in alleged Ponzi scheme cases
- Litigation of lien priority disputes